Pedalheads® is a privately-owned company providing trail-blazing programs that promote children’s health and development. The business currently operates instructional biking, swimming and multi-sports camps in twelve cities across Canada and the USA. Through innovative and educationally sound programs since 1986, we have earned a reputation for excellence in the communities that we serve. Currently in a significant growth phase, Pedalheads had 53,000 participants at 125 locations in 2019 with plans to continue expanding. The company has 38 full time and 1800 part-time employees with its corporate headquarters in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Pedalheads Swim (formerly Atlantis Programs) is coming back to the Greater Toronto Area and looking for a Swim Lesson Supervisor/Instructors. We are looking for an independent, hands-on, self-starter who will actively promote Pedalheads Swim to families and be actively engaged in teaching our Red Cross Swim lessons in either an assigned class or to fill in for a class.
The Lesson Supervisor/Instructor will direct and supervise all staff, programs and oversee pool facilities while on shift. In addition to managing instruction related activities, this position is also be responsible for the general safety and security of all staff, students and guests in attendance at the pool(s).
A minimum of 3 hours per week, up to 30 hours per week through the year. Full-time hours available in the summer.
Rate of Pay
Wage dependent on experience and certifications
- Provides the quality of service expected by Pedalheads through the promotion of instructional and safety services
- Provides effective, professional customer service and be familiar with all Pedalheads programs and provide information to the public in a polite and helpful manner
- Monitors staff job performance
- Monitors and ensure program and safety standards are being followed
- Be on deck and available to assist when required be prepared to fill in for instructors when required (e.g. due to illness or absence)
- Ensures classes start and end on time and progressive evaluations are being completed on all students
- Reports, updates and advises the Assistant Manager, Swim, and Regional Manager of customer feedback, staffing items and program activities
- Performs first aid and coordinate all rescues at the pool, and ensure required follow-up is accurate and complete
- Attends, assists, participate in and successfully complete any required meetings, clinics and training sessions as scheduled
- Reports any health and safety hazards in or around the facility
- Maintains facility cleanliness and security at all times and ensure pool is properly maintained and abides by Health Regulations
- Performs minor chemical adjustments to pools as needed.
- Mentors and develops instructors under your supervision.
- Excellent communication skill, flexibility, and professionalism
- Prior experience with Aquatics as a swim instructor and/or lifeguard
- Supervisory and/or hiring experience with ages 13-24, an asset
- Be willing to go the extra mile to engage with customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Friendly, outgoing, approachable and brings a positive energy
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to areas of responsibility.
- Evening and weekend work will be required
- Adaptability to move around different work locations
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- Lifesaving Instructor recommended
- Lifesaving Society NLS Pool Option
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume to: https://apply.workable.com/j/2234B9B419