Nature & Scope:
The Ryerson Aquatics program facilitates both group and private lessons, primarily for university students and staff. It is quite common for students to arrive at university without having learned to swim, and our goal is to empower them to enjoy the pool as a regular part of their healthy, active lifestyle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver lessons in both group and 1:1 swim lessons following Lifesaving Society's Swim for Life program (or equivalent)
- Communicate regularly with Head Lifeguard regarding progress of swim lesson students
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry best practice and health guidelines as they relate to delivery of Swim Lessons
- Complete all paperwork and evaluations necessary for Swim Lessons portfolio
- Fulfill role of Lifeguard when not teaching
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Swim Instructor
How to apply:
Not holding the proper qualifications for this posting?
Check our upcoming courses here