CPR Levels Explained
Posted in First Aid Articles, on July 20, 2018
Looking to have the difference of all these CPR levels explained to you? You are in for a treat. In this post, our goal is to have all of these CPR levels explained to you and enable you to choose which level is right for you with confidence.
There are four different CPR levels and you only need to take one of them, depending on what you're getting your certification for.
Regardless of the CPR level, whenever you take a CPR certification with Lifeguarding Academy, you will learn all the following:
- The legalities of CPR & first aid,
- What are Barrier devices and how to use them
- How to perform a thorough and effective Primary Assessment
- Where to find & how to use the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- What to expect and how to speak to 911 for effective and efficient communication
- How to effectively perform a thorough and safe Secondary Assessment
- Proper & effective CPR technique
- Updated techniques for dealing with mild and severe choking
Now the difference between the CPR levels are explained below:
CPR A: Teaches you what to do when you come across an adult that needs help, whether they are just unconscious, choking but conscious or even if they've gone unconscious after choking on something.
CPR B: You learn all the above plus how to modify your technique if the victim is a child.
CPR C: Is the most complete version that most people need. You learn what to do for adults, children, & infants when they are chocking or just unconscious and non-breathing.
Now there is also CPR C-HCP which stands for Health Care Provider CPR. You will only need this if you are in any healthcare related programs, or operating as a health care professional such as nursing, dentist, chiropractor, physiotherapist, physician, etc.
Lifeguarding Academy offers the most affordable CPR training classes every. single. weekend. and they are only 4 hours long. Whether you're looking to learn to do CPR just because it is a necessary skill (you're completely right), for school, or for your job, getting your CPR has never been more convenient. Just go to www.LifeguardingAcademy.com/cpr-training and choose the date that works for you!
Let's make a hero out of you!